What do we get on adding any two odd numbers?
- All Questions
An even number
Step by Step Explanation:
- We know that if we add 1 to an even number, we get an odd number.
Eg: 1 + 2 = 3 (Odd)
- Similarly, if we add 1 to an odd number, we get an even number.
Eg: 1 + 3 = 4 (Even)
- Hence, odd number + odd number
= (Even number + 1) + (Even number + 1)
= Even number + Even number + 2
Since, 2 is an even number, we can replace it with 'Even number' in the above sentence.
Even number + Even number + Even number = Even number
- We can understand it better by taking a few examples :
7 (Odd) + 5 (Odd) = 12 (Even)
1 (Odd) + 3 (Odd) = 4 (Even)
- Hence, the sum of 2 odd numbers is an even number.