In 2008, the meteorological office predicted the weathers completely right for the months of february and april, and completely wrong for all the other months. What is the probability that the forecast was wrong for a given day that year?
- All Questions
Step by Step Explanation:
- The key thing to note here is that 2008 is a leap year.
A leap year has 366 days.
- Now, we need to figure out the number of days in february and april.
february has 29 days and april has 30 days.
- Adding them together we get 29 + 30 = 59 days.
- So, the forecast was right for 59 days and wrong for 307 days.
- The probability that the forecast was wrong on a given day would be .