If a pair of vertically opposite angles is also supplementary. Find the value of either of the angles.
- All Questions
Both angles are 90°.
Step by Step Explanation:
- The two angles are said to be supplementary if the sum of their measures is 180°.
- When two angles are vertically opposite to each other, they must be equal.
- Let the two angles in question be a and b.
- Since, the sum of the two angles is 180°, we can write:
a + b = 180°
or, 2a = 180° (Since, a and b are equal)
or, a = 90°
- Since, a = b, the measure of b = 90°.
- Therefore, the value of either of the angle is 90°.