If a:b = 2:3, find b.
- All Questions
Step by Step Explanation:
- Since, both a and b lie on a straight line, we can say that the sum of a and b is equal to 180.
- = , cross multiplying the fractions, we get, 2b = 3a, or b = .
- On substituting this value in a + b = 180, we get: a + = 180, or = 180, or a = 180 × , or a = 72 degree.
- On substituting this value in a + b = 180, we get:
72 + b = 180
So, b = 180 - 72
b = 108°.
- Hence, the values of the asked angles a and b are 72° and 108° respectively.