Betty calculates that she has 63072000 seconds left before she turns 18 and can vote in the elections. How old is she now?
- All Questions
Step by Step Explanation:
- There are 60 seconds in one minute, 60 minutes in one hour, and 24 hours in one day. This means that there are 60 × 60 × 24 = 86400 seconds in a day.
- Let us find the number of days remaining for Betty to become eligible for voting.
- The number of days will be equal to = 730.
- Since, there are 365 days in a year, the number of years remaining will be equal to ,i.e., 2 years.
- From the above step, we find that Betty still has 2 years to be eligible for voting. Since, we know that 18 years is the age of eligibility for voting, we can calculate the present age by subtracting 2 years from 18 ,i.e., 16 years.
- Hence, Betty is 16 years old now.